Movie Night with Minions!
We would like to extend a huge thank you to our community for helping make this event such a success!! The students had a wonderful time and enjoyed watching the Minions with their friends. Thanks to the great turn out our 9-12 team raised over $1000 to support upcoming field trips.
It has recently come to our attention here at the Fundraising Corner that the community wants to know where all the hard fundraised money is going. Below you will find a brief list of the fundraising efforts this year:
- Entertainment Books– Monies from this fundraiser went to each classroom.
- Art to Remember—Monies are set aside for school wide art supplies.
- Harvest Festival—Fundraising efforts went to each individual classroom fund.
- Apex Fun Run—The monies were used to purchase technology for classrooms.
- See’s Candy– The monies raised from this fundraiser will go to staff development.
- Art Walk—Art Docent program and art materials.
- Scholastic Book Fair—Monies spent here support each classroom library.
- Box Tops/E-Script—The monies from these programs goes to campus discretionary funds.
- Various approved class fundraisers: Middle School Businesses,Kona Ice—Monies go directly to the sponsoring classrooms as discretionary funds.
- World Fair—PhilanthropicFundraiser—Heifer Project
- Read-a-thon—These funds go to individual classrooms.
See's Candy Spring Fundraiser
Way to go CMP!!! With See's giving back 40% of all sales, the community earned over $2000 for the end of the year staff development days. Your teachers, assistants, Club M and office staff thank you for your participation in this fundraiser. Your continued support throughout the year is greatly appreciated!!!!
Make money for our school every time you shop on Amazon with:
Amazon Smile is a program that gives back to charitable organizations every time you shop Amazon. It’s *very* simple to use and each time you shop the AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the purchase price to California Montessori Project.
1. Log in to: smile.amazon.com
2. The first time you log in, you will be prompted to select a charitable organization. The middle of the screen says “pick your own charitable organization;” type in “California Montessori Project”. The first option that comes up is California Montessori Project in Wheatland CA. Choose that one (all CMP campuses share a Tax ID number, so we all share one account).
3. Make purchases just like normal!
4. Each time you shop at Amazon, log in to smile.amazon.com instead of amazon.com to apply the purchase funds to our school. Bookmark the page to make it even easier!
*All CMP campuses are participating so all our donations will be added up and divided amongst the campuses.
If you have questions about the program, you can email Beth Lawson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your support raising money for our amazing school.
Monday, April 18, 2016
Thank you to all who were able to come to the April 18th Principal Café. Mickey Slamkowski, CMP’s Director of Program, along with one of our lower elementary teacher, Ryann Ashby joined us. We spent some time talking about the levels of support that are provided within our network to teachers, staff and administration. Ryann gave a wonderful synopsis of several professional development opportunities she has been involved in. She gave highlights of her time at the American Montessori Society Conference, which was held in Chicago, last month. She also spoke of her summer plans to attend a three day workshop, along with several other American River teachers, exploring writing at an Area 3 Writer’s Workshop which is sponsored by UC Davis. Finally, we spent a few minutes talking about the Gardening Day which is coming up on Saturday, April 30th and will focus on filling in the garden beds at the front of the school with native plants. I let the group know that the May 23rd Principal Café would be cancelled due to the network Principal Retreat being rescheduled to that date.
Principal Café dates 2015-2016:
August 24th @ 3:30 in the MP Room
September 21st @ 8:30 in the MP Room
October 26th @ 5:30 in the MP Room
November 30th @ 8:30 in the MP Room
January 25th @ 3:30 in MP Room
February 22nd @ 8:30 in the MP Room
March 14th @ 3:30 in Room 16
April 18th @ 3:30 in the MP Room
May 23rd @ 5:30 in the MP Room Cancelled
April 11, 2016 Weekly Campus Reminders:
- Our Spring Scholastic Book Fair will be happening all next week in the Library. We will need help this Friday, April 15th, between 1 and 3 o’clock to set up the fair, as well as volunteers the work the register from 2pm to 4pm. All proceeds from the book fair are used to buy books for the Library and classrooms.
- The next Principal’s Café will be Monday, April 18th at 3:30pm.
- Next Wednesday, April 20th, is an Early Release Day. All students will be dismissed at noon. If you will need Club M services for your student, please call or sign up in the office.
- Spring pictures are scheduled for next week. The K, TK/K, K/1 and Middle School classes will have their pictures taken on Thursday, April 21st. The 6-9 and 9-12 classes will have their pictures taken on Friday, April 22nd.
- Also attached, you will find a copy of our current dress code policy. We have made a couple of small changes; primarily a clarification to the rule regarding tank tops vs sleeveless tops. The policy now states “Dresses and shirts must have at least 3” of material on the shoulder.”