2017 Teacher of the Year Nomination
It is with great honor that I have the opportunity to nominate Ms. Teresa Lyday-Selby for the 2017 Sacramento Charter Teacher of the Year. Ms. Teresa has spent the past 13 years cultivating a learning environment where peace, respect for self and others, care for the environment and global stewardship are the tenets for “best practices” in her Primary classroom. She is a teacher-leader who has been mentoring her grade level team for the last decade. Besides holding two Montessori certificates, she also has a Master of Arts Degree in Educational Leadership and Preliminary Administrative Services Credential. Ms. Teresa has an impressive vitae. She has been involved with campus councils, accreditations, curriculum collaboration projects, and has presented at numerous professional development trainings as well as at the American Montessori Society National Convention in 2012. Ms. Teresa Lyday-Selby’s work ethic is tireless. Her leadership skills and deep knowledge of Montessori curriculum inspires everyone in her sphere: children, families and colleagues alike. Nominee applications are being reviewed in May to determine who will proceed to the county level.
Ms. RaDene Girola, Principal
It has recently come to our attention here at the Fundraising Corner that the community wants to know where all the hard fundraised money is going. Below you will find a brief list of the fundraising efforts this year:
- Entertainment Books– Monies from this fundraiser went to each classroom.
- Art to Remember—Monies are set aside for school wide art supplies.
- Harvest Festival—Fundraising efforts went to each individual classroom fund.
- Apex Fun Run—The monies were used to purchase technology for classrooms.
- See’s Candy– The monies raised from this fundraiser will go to staff development.
- Art Walk—Art Docent program and art materials.
- Scholastic Book Fair—Monies spent here support each classroom library.
- Box Tops/E-Script—The monies from these programs goes to campus discretionary funds.
- Various approved class fundraisers: Middle School Businesses,Kona Ice—Monies go directly to the sponsoring classrooms as discretionary funds.
- World Fair—PhilanthropicFundraiser—Heifer Project
- Read-a-thon—These funds go to individual classrooms.
Make money for our school every time you shop on Amazon with:
Amazon Smile is a program that gives back to charitable organizations every time you shop Amazon. It’s *very* simple to use and each time you shop the AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the purchase price to California Montessori Project.
1. Log in to: smile.amazon.com
2. The first time you log in, you will be prompted to select a charitable organization. The middle of the screen says “pick your own charitable organization;” type in “California Montessori Project”. The first option that comes up is California Montessori Project in Wheatland CA. Choose that one (all CMP campuses share a Tax ID number, so we all share one account).
3. Make purchases just like normal!
4. Each time you shop at Amazon, log in to smile.amazon.com instead of amazon.com to apply thepurchase funds to our school. Bookmark the page to make it even easier!
*All CMP campuses are participating so all our donations will be added up and divided amongst the campuses.
If you have questions about the program, you can email Beth Lawson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your support raising money for our amazing school.
Monday, April 18, 2016
Thank you to all who were able to come to the April 18th Principal Café. Mickey Slamkowski, CMP’s Director of Program, along with one of our lower elementary teacher, Ryann Ashby joined us. We spent some time talking about the levels of support that are provided within our network to teachers, staff and administration. Ryann gave a wonderful synopsis of several professional development opportunities she has been involved in. She gave highlights of her time at the American Montessori Society Conference, which was held in Chicago, last month. She also spoke of her summer plans to attend a three day workshop, along with several other American River teachers, exploring writing at an Area 3 Writer’s Workshop which is sponsored by UC Davis. Finally, we spent a few minutes talking about the Gardening Day which is coming up on Saturday, April 30th and will focus on filling in the garden beds at the front of the school with native plants. I let the group know that the May 23rd Principal Café would be cancelled due to the network Principal Retreat being rescheduled to that date.
Principal Café dates 2015-2016:
August 24th @ 3:30 in the MP Room
September 21st @ 8:30 in the MP Room
October 26th @ 5:30 in the MP Room
November 30th @ 8:30 in the MP Room
January 25th @ 3:30 in MP Room
February 22nd @ 8:30 in the MP Room
March 14th @ 3:30 in Room 16
April 18th @ 3:30 in the MP Room
May 23rd @ 5:30 in the MP Room Cancelled