We are happy to announce that the SJUSD Board has renewed CMP San Juan Campuses charter for another five years! Our next charter renewal will be in the year 2021.
Greetings American River Families,
Please note the following reminders:
CMP is extremely excited to announce that our petition to re-charter through the San Juan Unified School District will be taking place on Tuesday, January 26th at the SJUSD Board meeting. We enjoy a strong and satisfying relationship with our chartering district. Now in our 10th year with SJUSD, we continue to be a valuable addition to school choice within the district. Feel free to come to the Board meeting, wearing your CMP shirts and show your support! The Board meeting is located at 3738 Walnut Avenue in Carmichael and begins at 6:30 p.m.
Join us for our annual Variety Show this Friday, January 29th, at 6:00pm (doors open at 5:00). Admission will be $5 at the door. This year our show organizers are offering a meal deal with admission, which can be pre-purchased in the office through Thursday, January 28th for $9. Please see the attached flyer for more detailed information.
Wednesday, February 4th is an Early Release Day. If your child will need to use Club M and you do not have a plan that covers after school, punch cards DO NOT count, you MUST sign them up in the office no later than Monday, February 1st. Space is limited so it is first come, first placed. Once Club M is full, your student will be placed on the waitlist. Space is NOT guaranteed for those on the wait list.
Campus Administration is seeking the parent community's attitude and thoughts on our current student dress code policy. Please take a few moments to complete the 5 question ‘Student Dress Code Survey’.
- Our next Chipotle fundraiser is on Tuesday, February 9th from 5:00-9:00pm at 5851 Sunrise Blvd. Citrus Heights, CA 95610 (near Sunrise mall). Present the attached fundraising flyer at check-out and 50% of your order will support our middle school. We hope to see you there!
- CMP American River t-shirts and hoodies: The middle school students have designed a new CMP-AR rapids logo which will be printed on t-shirts and hoodies. T-shirt will be available in youth, adult, andwomen’s fit sizes with prices ranging from $15-$18. Hooded sweatshirts are $30. Order forms and payment are due to the office by Friday, February 26th for our second order.
Please contact the office with any questions.
We have completed assembling our new Campus Advisory Council. We want to thank all of the parents and teachers whom took the time considering candidacy and welcome our new incoming CAC members.
Our campus parent representatives are Angela Sanders and Renee Either. Our teacher representatives are Theresa Selby-Day, Whitney Ascheman and Chans Folger. Thank you and welcome aboard.
Our first CAC meeting is scheduled for February 18th at 3:30 in Room 13.
APEX FUN RUN
If you were around to help out for the Apex Fun Run, then you know how much FUN the students had every day of the event. The APEX Coaches can easily be described in two words: high energy. Through their unique brand of leadership and a healthy dose of positive attitudes, they helped our community raise over $11,000 with 86% of the pledges collected to date.
The funds we raised will primarily go towards technology and enhancing the educational program of the school. Teachers also reap the benefits with some of the monies going directly to their classroom accounts.
Great job everyone! We look forward to having the Apex Team back with us next year.
-CMP American River and The Apex Team
Thank you to all who were able to make it to the Principal Café on January 25th. Thank you also to Mr. Ross, Middle School Teacher, for hosting the meeting in his beautiful room. The following topics were discussed:
- John Meinz showed the CAASPP website (caaspp.org) and how parents can access the Practice and Training Tests.
- The names of our LCAP planning mentors for our campus’s Local Control Accountability Plan (LCAP) were given. Sara Meece (MS) and Roderick Bravo (Upper Elementary) will be our LCAP Science Planning Mentors and Stacey Hall will be our LCAP VAPA and Physical Education planning mentor.
- Apex Fundraising update was given. This was a very successful fundraiser. The monies earned will be going primarily toward technology. Teachers will have discretion as to what they will purchase with the portion of funds raised for their particular classroom.
- John reminded that the parent survey for school dress code could be found on our campus webpage. He encouraged all parents to access this survey in order to give feedback.
- Parents were invited to attend the January 26th San Juan Unified School Board meeting to hear the results of our petition to re-charter with SJUSD.
- Parents were told that SJUSD supplied dog signage and it has been mounted on the perimeter of the field.
The next Principal Café will be on Monday, February 22nd at 8:30 a.m. in the MP Room. Mr. Gary Bowman will be facilitating the topic LCAP stakeholder input.
Thank you for your interest in American River CMP! In order to apply for the CMP American River Campus 2016-2017 school year lottery, parents/guardians are required to attend (no children please) one of our information tours before filling out a lottery application.
Lottery Applications will be given at the end of the campus tour attended. If your child has had prior Montessori experience, please come prepared with a completed Montessori Verification Form from the Montessori school your child attended to show proof of attendance.
Please call the office at 916-864-0081 to sign up for one of these upcoming tours:
Tuesday, January 26th @ 9:00am FULL
Thursday, February 4th @ 9:00am FULL
Tuesday, February 16th @ 9:00am
Wednesday, February 24th @ 5:00pm
Thursday, March 3rd @ 9:00am
Wednesday, March 9th @ 9:00am
2016-17 Lottery/New Enrollment Resources
2016-17 Lottery/New Enrollment Procedures
Campus Tours and Orientations Dates
Montessori Verification Form
Additional Lottery/New Enrollment information is available on our network website, cacmp.org.
Thank you for your interest in California Montessori Project - American River Campus! We look forward to meeting you.